Professional Leather Restoration Leather Care North of Brisbane
Leather sofas are always popular due to their style, comfort and ease of maintenance. Unlike fabric upholstery which loses shape in a few years, leather can last for more than a decade when cared for properly.
Several do-it-yourself leather restoration kits and upholstery cleaning products are available in the market today promising excellent results. But it has to be remembered that there are several kinds of leather with different finishes, so what works for one might not work for another. In fact, it might even be damaging. By using a reputed professional cleaner who is professionally trained, you can ensure that your upholstery is being handled with care and expertise. The life of your leather upholstery is increased, by using customised procedures and leather restoration techniques, so you can enjoy the comfort of your leather sofa for a longer time.
What is leather restoration?
Natural leather can fade, dry out or crack with age. But it can be restored if it has no large rips or tears. The general procedure is to prepare the leather by cleaning it with a special soapy solution and removing any wax, oil or finish. Next the tiny cracks are repaired and the leather is strengthened with binder. Then the colourant is applied and is allowed to dry. Spray colour and spray finish are then applied along with leather protector to complete the process. This leaves your lounge or sofa lounge looking newer and cleaner.
In order to extend the life of your leather furniture, you must care for it properly. It is relatively simple to clean and maintain leather furniture. Here are some tips to maintain leather quality.
• Do not keep leather furniture exposed to direct sunlight or near fireplaces. This can dry up the leather and cause it to crack.
• Treat your furniture with care. Do not use sharp objects near leather sofas as leather scratches easily.
• Wipe the sofa every week with a soft, dry cloth or vacuum regularly. Avoid keeping newspapers on the sofa as leather absorbs the ink.
• If any spills occur, blot them out immediately with clean paper or cloth towel. Do not rub as it will spread the mess. Do not clean stains with harsh chemicals or too much water. For large stains, it is better to use the services of a professional cleaner instead of do-it-yourself repair kits.
• Use leather conditioner and leather protector regularly to extend your lounge’s lifespan and protect against ultraviolet ray damage.
When it comes to professional leather care and restoration the best solution is to seek the services of an industry professional.
0403 371 254